Monday, December 11, 2006

he is so sick....

poor little baby. between 6:00 pm last night and 2:00 am this morning, i think this boy threw up 12 times. he kept asking me "when am i going to stop throwing up, mom?" what do you tell them???
we pulled his mattress into our room and he slept at the foot of my bed so i could hear if he was getting sick. it works out good this way because he is with me but not in bed with me (i would freak if he threw up in my bed). i can always tell when he is about to throw up because he just starts thrashing in the bed and it gives me time to get to him and make sure that bowl is under his chin. don slept in the spare bedroom because he had to get up at 4:00 am for work this morning. he is scared to death that he is going to catch this. so much for the flu shot. austen woke up this morning at about 8:00 am with a 102 fever but the vomiting was done and over with...thank goodness...and then he fell back asleep at about 9:00 and slept until 11:30. he is asleep again. his cheeks are so flushed from the fever. he hasn't moved off of the couch all day.
being home from work has enabled me to get 3 loads of laundry done, most of the presents for christmas wrapped and dinner won't be out of a cereal box tonight. however, i know that work is going to suck when i go back tomorrow because everything will be left for me to catch up on. oh, well, the joys of motherhood.


sleep tight little man... Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home