Friday, April 13, 2007

oh, but they're weird and they're wonderful.....

we had dinner at ci ci's pizza today, a new little pizza buffet in town. the food is good, about 12 different types of pizza from cheese and pepperoni - to chicken mushroom and buffalo chicken to spinach alfredo. it's really good and we though we'd take austen and allison there after going to home depot for paint for the new den.


my hairdo is thanks to the extreme wind we had today....but at least we had sunshine the entire day. after snow for the past week...even if it's cold at least it is easier to bear with the sun beating through the windows. while walking my food to the table, i looked outside and saw this pink mohawk walk by the window. it took me a couple of seconds to decide if i wanted to do it but i bolted out the door and chased him down the walkway. there was an older man walking slightly behind him and i wasn't sure that they were together but i approached this young man and asked him if i could take his picture. the older man asked me why i wanted to do this and i told him that i was doing a documentary of a week in my life for a scrapbooking project and told the young man that i thought he looked awesome. i loved his pink mohawk and i told him so. he seemed so surprised that someone told him he looked awesome and i don't think that his dad (which the older man turned out to be) had ever heard that either. he told me though, that they were proud of his individuality, although from the way that he was walking behind his son, somehow i don't know if that was exactly the case...

he happily posed for me though.....and i got these great pictures.

ever the photographer, i had him pose for me in so i could see all of him...he ended coming in to ci ci's with his dad and grandparents to eat and as we were leaving, i thanked him again for the pictures...i never saw such a big smile.....

Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Oh, that's so brave! I'm glad he was so tickled (pink? sorry). I hardly ever get the nerve up to ask someone to take my picture, yet alone ask to take a stranger's picture.

See you at CKU! Can't wait!!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home